Step 3: Water Removal / Water Extraction
Following the inspection and damage assessment, our water extraction process begins to remove the majority of water from your property. Utilizing powerful pumps and truck-mounted vacuum units, we efficiently eliminate hundreds or even thousands of gallons of water.
For extensive restoration or cleaning, we offer a move-out service to protect your belongings from further damage.
Our highly trained technicians swiftly initiate the water removal process using submersible pumps and industrial wet/dry vacuums. This reduces drying time, prevents secondary water damage, and inhibits mold and bacterial growth.
We inspect the carpet and pad, determining if removal is necessary to safeguard the subfloor. Specialized equipment such as moisture detectors, hygrometers, and infrared cameras are utilized to measure moisture levels and detect hidden water.
With water extraction complete, we move forward to Step 4: Drying and Dehumidification
Move-Out / Pack-Out
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Bellevue can conduct an organized, efficient move-out to protect your belongings from further damage.
- Move-Out Service
Emergency Water Removal
Our highly trained technicians will begin the water removal process almost immediately. Depending on the amount of water, we may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry vacuums. Removing most of the water helps reduce drying time and helps prevent secondary water damage and mold and bacterial growth.
- Remove Excess Water
- Use Submersible Pumps and Industrial Wet/Dry Vacuums
Inspect the Carpet Pad and Carpet
We inspect the carpet and pad and determine if they should be removed to protect the subfloor.
- Inspect Carpet Pad and Remove If Needed
- Inspect Carpet and Remove If Needed
Water Removal Equipment
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
- Infrared cameras may be used to find “hidden” water behind walls and ceilings.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps are used for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.