What Is Black Mold?
Mold can be a concerning issue, especially with sensational news reports about "black mold" or "toxic mold." However, it's essential to understand the facts and not panic. While Stachybotrys chartarum, commonly known as black mold, does produce allergens and irritants, various types of mold can have similar effects. It's important to approach all mold with caution, avoiding contact and staying out of affected areas.
To gain a better understanding of mold and learn what to do until professional assistance arrives, please refer to our Mold Damage Tips resource.
Identifying black mold can be challenging since different types of mold can coexist. Regardless of color or type, if you suspect mold in your property, it's recommended to promptly contact SERVPRO of Bellevue.
Consider the following mold facts: mold is found both indoors and outdoors, microscopic mold spores can enter your home through various means, mold thrives in moist environments and can cause allergenic and irritant reactions, addressing moisture sources is crucial for effective mold remediation, mold often emits a strong musty odor that can help locate problem areas, and maintaining indoor humidity below 45% helps prevent mold growth.
We proudly serve Bellevue, Clyde Hill, Medina, Hunts Point, Yarrow Point, and Beaux Arts Village. If you suspect mold issues in your property, contact us today at (425) 454-3900 for professional assistance.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of Bellevue immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (425) 454-3900
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Bellevue is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Clyde Hill
- Hunts Point
- Yarrow Point
- Beaux Arts Village