Cleaning and Disinfecting in Commercial Buildings
With the threat of COVID-19 disinfecting commercial spaces is more important than ever as communities work to minimize the risk of spreading germs. The CDC recommends the following protocols for cleaning:
- Wear disposable gloves to clean and disinfect.
- Clean surfaces using soap and water, then use disinfectant.
- Cleaning with soap and water reduces number of germs, dirt and impurities on the surface. Disinfecting kills germs on surfaces.
- Practice routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces.
- More frequent cleaning and disinfection may be required based on level of use.
- Surfaces and objects in public places, such as shopping carts and point of sale keypads should be cleaned and disinfected before each use.
- High touch surfaces include:
- Tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, sinks, etc.
When disinfecting its always important to keep surfaces wet for a dwell time, utilize good ventilation/ PPE and read the directions on the label carefully. Soft surfaces, electronics and textiles should all be handled according to specific directions. SERVPRO of Bellevue West is trained in the decontamination of commercial buildings and is always happy to provide complimentary inspections for those who are in need of disinfection. Call us at 425-454-3900.