The Importance of First Aid and CPR Training in the Workplace
As emergency responders SERVPRO of Edmonds, Lynnwood 8 Bellevue West experiences daily the importance of a rapid and efficient response. Life can change in a matter of minutes which is why we know the best way to expect the unexpected is to be prepared. What better way to celebrate preparedness than to certify our employees in CPR and First Aid training?
We teamed up with one of our favorite associations; PHCCWA (Plumbing Heating and Cooling Contractors of Washington) to host a CRP and First Aid class at our facility in Lynnwood. Many of our association members and our team members attended to renew their certifications.
We think CRP and First Aid training is important in the work place for many reasons;
- Having trained employees can make a substantial difference in your ability to maintain a safe work environment. They will be able to respond more quickly and effectively when medical emergencies occur.
- This training and knowledge provides a sense of security and promotes a more confident work environment.
- As staff becomes more prepared and responsive – they also become more aware of their surroundings and more likely to spot potential hazards. This inspires a ‘safety culture’.
- 25% of all emergency room visits can be avoided with basic first aid and CPR certification.
- Safety precautions and preparedness applies to ANY industry of ANY size.
There are many local resources that can help you get CPR and First Aid Certified such as The Red Cross or Snohomish County Fire District 1. Call SERVPRO of Edmonds, Lynnwood & Bellevue West and speak to one of our Marketing Specialists to learn more about how you can be personally prepared; 425-774-1148.